Sunday 14 October 2012

Location location

I had a location problem this weekend, and one that I need to resolve.  The sky around 4pm yesterday was incredible - dark purple clouds, red clouds, white clouds, and bright shafts of light breaking through.  Had I been in the Lake District I would have known exactly where to go within a few minutes to take some photos, but stuck in Feltham I was stuffed - I had no idea where to go.  I headed for Hampton Court to try to capture some of the statues against the sky (looking up from below) but the clouds over that bit weren't that dramatic.  What I really needed was some open ground.  Then it struck me that I need to have a list of potential locations identified where I can dash to if the moment arises again.

I will note them here as I identify them:

  • The common opposite my house - separating me and the Young Offenders....there is a huge space with 360 degrees of sky visible - plus ugly but defined silhouettes on the horizon - all I need to do is walk out the house!
  • Bedfont Lakes park - some open space and water - enough to capture sky
  •  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment