Saturday 26 January 2013

Assignment Three - Colour - Corrections

Here are my corrections to Assignment Three following my tutor's feedback and some rethinking:

Similar Colours:

The purple and green image that I used did not really fulfill the "similar" criteria, so this will be substituted for blue and grey:




The shot of the moth also didn't work very well; this was a subjective decision to include this one.  It will be replaced instead by this picture of yellow and shades of brown in an owl butterfly; the picture would have been better if I hadn't clipped the top of one of the antennae, but it illustrates the colour point:



Green and Blue - my original was a wide shot of the lake, in which it was recommended that I reduce the brightness of the boat, however, I have since captured a much better image of green and blue, so I will use this one instead:



Contrasting Colours:

Orange, Purple and Green - reduce the red to see if it brings more attention to the blue (which worked nicely!):



Red and Blue: the image of the power station wasn't helped by the gas tank placed behind it.  This picture might be representation of contrasting blue and red:



Orange and Green - my tutor commented that the colours are fairly similar because they melt in to each other so smoothly but there is some contrast with the darker green background.  I have chosen not to make any corrections here.

Colour Accent:


Red danger sign accent - desaturate the other red shape a bit so that it doesn't compete with the sign:



Purple accent - this shot didn't work - the accent wasn't strong enough.  I have reshot using a yellow accent against purple:


Yellow accent - O2 - Snip a bit off the lower edge of the frame to make the speed boat more noticeable and balance the composition a bit better: 



K.

No comments:

Post a Comment