Saturday 9 February 2013

9/2/2013 - Learning outcomes

I just realised that I hadn't posted a summary of the learning outcomes from Section 3 - colour...

I loved shooting for section 3 - I found certain colours easy to find, like green, blue, red, and others like orange, yellow and violet harder.  It was good to learn about how similar colours and contrasting colours interact with each other and how powerful an accent can be.  I also discovered that although I like colours, and appreciate how the contribute towards the composition of an image, I am not motivated by what the colour is.  I like all colours!

I think the exercise that I benefitted most from though was one on colour tones into black and white.  Having not learnt how to use my software yet I didn't know that you could change the tones of black and white photos.  As I love black and white, this exercise was something of a revelation!

I particularly liked the effect of the 100% yellow filter!  Need to try this on some black and white landscapes to see if it adds more definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment