Wednesday 14 March 2012

Read the manual....

Completed the first task (out of sequence) which was to read the manual. Although I have read guides written by other people on how to get the best out of my camera, this is the first time I have read the manual cover to cover. Most was familiar, but I realised that there was functionality which so far I haven't paid much attention to and need to evaluate and understand. These are exposure aspects (metering, autoexposure lock and compensation), bracketing (not yet sure though if I will have a use for that), the different settings relating to focus mode. I was also interested in customising the colour picture controls, but you can also do that in processing so I don't see that as critical for now. I am however keen to try the remote interval timer; I would like to do this in a crowded place and take a succession of 500 images and see what comes out!

I think the next step here is to reread the other books I have, as they are more interesting and practical than the user manual, and see if I have missed anything or misunderstood anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment