Sunday 25 March 2012

A sequence of composition (2)

Second attempt at the sequence of composition exercise; much better!  This was largely helped by a fine summer's day in March :-)

I positioned myself at the top entrance to the Saturday market in Keswick; from this point I could see a man hugging a bear engaging in conversation with some people.

  

I then looked on a bit and noticed the people walking past.


I walked further down to see what they had seen as they walked up and down; lots of nice things to eat!




Then back to my original vantage point; focus again on the honey stand and on the three bears.





I then noticed the bumble bee umbrella, so focussed on that and then stepped back to see the umbrella in context against the town buildings using Dutch angle technique to emphasise the different shapes in the second picture.




Then I stepped back so that I could see the buildings completely in the frame affording a veiw of the market juxtaposed against the main town square building; you can also just make out the surrounding mountains in the background.


Back to my vantage point; I noticed the lady wearing blue stroke the bears as she walked past, but unfortunately I was too late to capture the gesture.



I then saw a lady walk past with a great t-shirt and a great haircut!  Also lots of colour in this scene.


Other visitors to the market included our four-legged friends, of which there are plenty in Keswick!


I then glanced to my left and noticed a lady talking to the man on the slate stand.  Green slate is produced locally in Keswick and it's very beautiful.  It's used to make all kinds of things including door numbers, wine racks, tableware, worktops, garden furniture and so on.  The local slate mine is at Honister.






Then I noticed the fox and the charity bucked to the right of the slate stand (back on the honey stand) and zoomed in on it.  I'm not sure what the fox is there for, but the air ambulance provide a vital service rescuing cragfast climbers or people who have fallen on the fells.


Still at my vantage point, I swivelled to my left looking ahead with the market on my right now; the fish and chip shops is a great local attraction!



I then looked back down through the market and noticed people interacting with the stalls and each other; the three ice-creams in a row was an added bonus!





Still at my vantage point, I focussed on the strange writing on the honey basket, and then asked the stallholder what it meant; he told me it was Cumbrian dialect and then of course I realised that it was the pronounciation spelt literally!  The sign actually reads "Don't forget to take some home with you!"



I then glanced back at the fish and chip shop, still as busy as ever! and forwards to the Moot Hall (the information centre) which is the main building in the town square.



Finally, it was time to move on.  Just round the corner from the fish and chip shop is the pub where my husband and dogs (and hopefully a pint!) were waiting.  And there was a busker standing outside the pub; another lucky sighting!





And then a few shots inside the pub; difficult due to the lighting but also they give a sense of the cosiness inside.  Note the old b&w mountaineering photos; these are amazing to look at - the equipment and clothing is nothing like what people use today!











No comments:

Post a Comment