Sunday 18 March 2012

Panning with different shutter speeds

This is the second time I've tried panning and the second time it wasn't entirely successful.  I experimented with panning in aperture priority using shutter speeds of 1/30 and 1/60.  I found it hard to coordinate timing with the movement - all my horizons were wonky....So, the results aren't great; I don't think they demonstrate the technique very well at all, so I need to repeat this exercise.  I've attached the least worst of the series I shot: DSC2081 was shot at 1/60s and DSC2083 at 1/30s. I will hold off technically assessing these photos until I've shot some that I think demonstrate the technique.  I can't really imagine when I would want use panning though, not being a fan of motor sports.  Although, if I had the opportunity to photograph a cheetah running across a plain, then that would be great!  I think then I would want some blurring, so a slower shutter speed, to give a sense of speed.

DSC2081

DSC2083

No comments:

Post a Comment